I don’t get it? Help Me UnderstandPosted: August 3, 2010
These are just thoughts about the game and other stuff. Mix in if you like.
- Why is the season 162 games long? Don’t forget that Spring Training is a month and a half as well.
- The NL West should go on alert now that Jed Hoyer and Jeff Moorad are in town.
- Did the Astros really trade Lance Berkman and Roy Oswalt? I never thought Drayton would do it.
- Looks like baseball might need to come up with the Darwin Awards. Here are some of my picks. Kendry Morales hits a homer and then hits the DL. Coughlin goes on DL when he gets hurt throwing pies. Pitchers are still getting hurt trying to beat up things likes doors who aren’t alive. Grant Balfour goes on the DL after tickle fighting with the pitching coach. What do you have?
- Why does the All Star game give home field advantage in the World Series? Must be a ton of money.
- How come Brett Myers and Corey Hart signed extensions so soon after the trade deadline? My guess is that they become more attractive to teams at the non-waiver deadline because of cost certainty.
- Speaking of deals, I don’t know if I am into the 3 year deal anymore. I definitely don’t like back-loaded deals for teams. That just makes it more difficult for teams to deal a guy if he stinks in a couple years.
- Seriously, why are there 162 games in a season?
- Baseball bats that I used while I played cost $720/dozen. That means that the piece of wood in my hands cost at least $60 a bat. I think maple bats are closer to $80/bat.
- How come Adam Dunn is a trade target in the media every single year of his existence and he never gets traded?
- Why is base running so terrible in the big leagues?
- Why do teams play “no doubles” defense late in the game when they are winning by 1 run. Doesn’t that give the offense a better chance to get a base hit?
- How come Joe West is always on Sportscenter?
Those are just some thoughts. What are you seeing in the game that makes you scratch your head?